Rwanda

Rwanda

Monday, November 23, 2015

Prenatal Setup

Here's the setup for the prenatal clinic that I volunteer at weekly in Nyabisindu, a village about a 15 minute drive from my home.  There are 3 of these 'rooms' and you can find the midwives kneeling near the patient on the mattress.  It's amazing what all can be done despite having scant supplies, no electricity, and no running water.   The patients arrive in the morning and sit up to 5 hours in the heat before they are seen by a midwife.  

Recently I was reading up on  a mother's health history that included:  'snake bite' in her past history.  I gotta admit that was a new one for me after taking years of admission histories in the USA.  

A local ministry planted a church in this village that was born out of community health evangelism. 





No comments:

Post a Comment